Breadfruit & Kalpitiya Prawn Patty
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Breadfruit, Peeled - 300 g
- Prawn - 150 g
- Organic Onion, Chopped - 30 g
- Organic Coriander, Chopped - 6 g
- Organic Lime, Juiced - 1 medium sized Lime
- Narang, Juiced - 1 small Narang
- Organic Lime Zest
- Flour - 100 g
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Organic Chili Flakes - 2 tsp
- Whole Organic Black Pepper
- Olive Oil, for sautéing
- Boil peeled breadfruit with salt until soft
- Drain water and mash.
- Add Coriander, Onion, Lime Juice, Narang juice, Lime Zest (a pinch), Cumin, Chili Flakes and seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- Take shells of shrimp and de-vein (If large sized). Chop into smaller cubes. Season and par cook in a skillet with olive oil. Take off heat and set aside to cool.
- Mix in shrimps and flour. Refrigerate.
- Take out and work into a burger patty shape. Place on a greased tray or container.
- At this point it is okay to put the patties into the chiller if it too soft to handle.
- Heat pan with olive oil. Carefully place patty on pan and brown on both sides. Use medium heat.
- Drain on absorbing paper before serving.
TIP: Can be served with a Pesto and a side of Rocket Salad.