Broccoli and Heirloom Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Organic bell peppers - 4
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Organic onion - 1
- Garlic cloves - 3
- Organic heirloom rice - 1 1/2 cup
- Vegetable broth - 3 1/2 cup
- Organic green chillies, diced - 5
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika powder - 1/2 tsp
- Organic broccoli - 2 1/2 cup
- Cream cheese - 2 ounce
- Cheddar cheese, shredded - 16 ounce
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut the bell peppers in half from top to bottom. Remove the seeds and lay them in the baking dish, cut side up.
- Place a medium stock pot over medium heat. Add the butter, onions and garlic. Sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes. Then stir in the rice, 3 cups broth, Green Chillies, salt, and smoked paprika. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Allow the rice to cook for 15-20 minutes covered, until steam holes are evident on the surface and the broth has absorbed.
- Stir the small broccoli florets, low fat cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, and remaining 1/2 cup broth into the rice. Stir until the cream cheese melts into the mixture.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the bell peppers. Bake for 15 minutes. Then top the peppers with the remaining shredded cheddar and place back in the oven for 5 minutes. Serve warm.