Brown & White Rice Sweet Coconut Terrine
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Organic Kuruluthuda Rice - 100g
- Organic Suwandel Rice - 100g
- Water - 500 ml
- Organic Mung Beans - Boiled 25g
- Coconut Milk - Thick 250 ml
- Fresh Grated Coconut - 80g
- Coconut Treacle - 50ml
- Organic Cinnamon Stick - 1 piece small
- Organic Cardamom whole - 1 piece
- Banana Leaf (or cling film) - 30 cm x 10 cm
Coconut Milk Rice
- Add rice and water in a pot and bring to boil. Lower the heat. Cover and cook.
- Once rice is cooked. Mix in the Coconut Milk and cook further until thick.
- Take off heat. Mix in Boiled Mung Bean and set aside to cool.
- In a non-stick pan heat the Treacle with a stick of Cinnamon and Cardamom clove.
- Mix in Grated Coconut and cook 2 minutes or until treacle has soaked into the Fresh Coconut.
- Remove Cinnamon Stick and Cardamom clove before use.
- Make sure to stir over low heat and not to make the filling too dry.
- Place cleaned Banana Leaf on a flat surface. Place Rice on the leaf and spread evenly into rectangular shape
- Layer-in Coconut Filling and spread on top of the rice.
- Carefully lift banana Leaf from the corners and then proceed to roll into cylindrical shape
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Take out and remove Banana Leaf carefully whilst trying to maintain the shape.
- You can now cut into slices and serve
TIP – If this is proving to be too difficult. Then you can use any a terrine or bread mould to create the layers. Make sure to line mould with cling film as this will make unmoulding the terrine easier.