Classic Rice Pudding
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Organic suwandel rice - 1 cup
- Whole milk - 2 cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Sweetened condensed milk - 1 14oz can
- Organic cinnamon powder - 1 tsp (plus more for topping)
- Vanilla - 2 tsp
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Free range egg, beaten - 1
- Heavy cream - 2 tbsp
- Salt - pinch
- In a pot, place the rice, milk, water, heavy cream and butter over medium heat and let it come to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat and cover, simmer for 20-25 minutes. The rice should be just about cooked but you should have some liquid left, if not add a small amount if milk.
- Remove from heat. Add can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir. Add vanilla, cinnamon, salt.
- Return to heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add egg- stirring constantly.
- Serve warm or chill in a bowl in the refrigerator