Pineapple Thai Fried Rice
- 23 Jun, 2020
- Organic Heirloom rice - 500g
- Coconut milk - 400ml
- Organic pineapple, cubed - 250g
- Thai red curry paste - 2 or 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts, lightly roasted - 150g
- Organic onion, finely chopped - 1
- Organic fresh ginger, grated - 1 tbsp
- Organic carrots, diced - 100g
- Organic green beans - 100g
- Green peas - 50g
- Organic chilli flakes - 1 tsp
- Organic black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Organic lime - juice of 1
- Organic fresh coriander leaves - 2 or 3 tbsp
- Virgin coconut oil - 2 or 3 tbsp
- Wash rice under water till water runs clean and set aside to soak for half an hour or more. Bring it to boil 200 ml water and coconut milk on a gentle heat.
- Once coconut mixture starts boiling add rice. Keep the heat on medium.Cover the lid and cook the rice on a low heat and cook as you would do regular rice.
- When the rice is done, leave to cool and leave it whole night in a refrigerator.
- Steam or cook all the vegetables
- Heat oil in a wok or pan.Add onion and ginger-garlic paste. Add vegetables and stir for a couple of minutes. Add roasted cashew nuts and white parts of spring onions.
- Now add red curry paste, soy sauce, salt, black pepper powder and red chilli flakes. Stir everything and add pineapple chunks.Then add cooked rice, mix everything well.
- Add lime juice, mix once again. Cook the rice couple of minute but make sure rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.\Turn off the heat, garnish the rice with the fresh coriander and green parts of spring onion.
- Serve hot with extra wedges of lime. Enjoy!