Roasted Potato Hash
- 23 Jun, 2020
For the potatoes
- Organic potatoes - 1kg
- Organic chillies - 2
- Organic red bell pepper, diced - 1
- Olive oil - drizzle
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika powder - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4tsp
- Organic chili powder - 1/4tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
The rest of the Hash
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep your veggies - cut the potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on how big they are. Remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno and bell pepper; mince the jalapeno into tiny pieces, and dice the bell pepper into medium pieces.
- OPTIONAL STEP - soak the potatoes for a half hour in water to help remove excess starch; then remove water and dry with a paper towel. While this will make them slightly more crispy, you could go either way and still have a delicious hash.
- In a bowl, combine chopped potatoes, jalapeno, and bell pepper. Drizzle everything with a generous portion of olive oil, and add in salt and spices. Mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- In a casserole pan or roaster, add in vegetables. Roast in the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until potatoes are browned.
- When done, remove from oven. Add in the black beans while the hash is still hot so they can soften a little.
- When the hash has cooled slightly, garnish with sprouts, fresh cilantro, and sliced jalapeno (if desired).
- Serve and enjoy!